OK, listen up, friends... I'm going to try and update you on a few things. Some big things, some little things. Here's the twist, though, I'm not going to tell you which is which. You decide.
1) Eurovision - I didn't even watch it this year, for a variety of reasons. The simple fact is that I doubt I missed much. As long as the rest of "Europe" insists on making this a place for political point scoring it ceases to be fun for me. Time was when the ability of a nation to come up with a great pop song which caught the imagination of people across Europe was the defining factor in whether or not they won the competition. I'm not sure that has been completely true for a number of years.
2) Football - I am anything but a football enthusiast, but it does annoy me, nonetheless, when teams constantly sack managers. Most notable recently has been the manager of Chelsea, who, despite winning more matches than his predecessor, was summarily fired. I have yet to work out what his crime was. If winning football matches and generally doing well are not enough to keep a manager his job then I must confess to something approaching total bemusement.
3) Politics - It's OK, I haven't taken leave of my senses. :) No politics comments here. I promise.
4) Music - My dead period with music continues. In a desperate bid to kick myself into musical gear I have set about recording a cover version. A very nice tune indeed, one that genuinely inspires me. Or would, were my life a little more like I imagine what normal could be.
5) Holidays - I'm still hoping against hope to make it over to the blissful isolation of Tiree this summer, but before that I have an exciting addition to my vacational plans. I am going to that Amercia - the northern bit. No, no all of it, that would take forever, I have instead selected a tiny part of the USA - one big enough to hold me, and one largely on the ground floor. Maryland is where it be, and I will go to there at mid June. Sadly, I will only be staying for a month. I will enjoy every comfort while I am away, so I don't want any of you to worry about me struggling on my own in the warm sunshine with beautiful forest all around me. I'll be fine. It will be a great way for me to relax, chill-out and get a handle on the true meaning of my existence. I don't know, however, whether I will be able to renew my "No twinky" promise this time. I'll think about it.
6) Gin - Looking in the drinks cupboard recently, having let a couple of limes rot to soggy in the fruit bowl, I discovered that rather than the "none at all" amount of gin which I thought was stocked, the level was more akin to "a large bottle of the finest Gin known to man". The thing is, I have no limes now. So that elusive G & T continues to be.....erm....elusive, a little while longer. Ah life...such big issues to deal with all the time. Gotta love it.
7) Freecyle - Or Freecyle guilt. Having benefitted recently from two Sky Digiboxes, a breakfast bar, two bookcases and various other bits and pieces, I now feel unable to put my hand up for anything else until I have given a bit more myself. How do YOU deal with YOUR Freecycle guilt?
Actually, I think that's enough for you all to read today. It may be too much in some cases, mainly due to the outright shock of seeing an actual posting. Deep breaths...